Yes, that is correct — you do not have to throw those old socks into the garbage and take space in our already overflowing landfills.
Here is what zkano — an organic cotton sock company — says your options are:
- Dust rag. Slip a sock on your hand, dampen with cleaner and have at it. Wash and reuse.
- Drink cozy. Want to insulate your drink? Put a sock on it. Cold stays cold and hot stays hot.
- Heat packs. Fill a sock with rice, seal it and heat in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Draft protector. In the winter, wedge stuffed socks in front of doors to keep cold air out.
- Dog toy. Place a tennis ball inside a sock for an added layer of chewing fun.
Most importantly, you have the option to RECYCLE your old socks! How cool is that!?
Per zkano: Recycle. Old fibers can be reworked and reused. The most worn out cotton fibers can be composted. Here’s where we come in.
We have the resources to take past-their-prime socks off your hands and have them recycled. Send your old socks* to us at this address:
Attention: Zkano Recycles Program
1715 Airport Road
Ft Payne, AL 35968
*Please send six or more pairs in a package. We need to outweigh the carbon footprint from shipping!
Read the full story at http://www.zkano.com/pages/zkano-recycles